google calendar

Saturday, January 2, 2010

dryer and chemistry

hi!

Well, thanks Danielle!! I will contact Aap on Monday and we will discuss when we can pick up the chemistry, I will let you know. Luckily the chemistry was still okay! I made a very silly mistake by accidentally swopping the plug and the filter and then pouring the fix into rack 2. Only when I was finished pouring I heard the good fix run into the used fix tank. I managed to quickly remove the hose and change the plug and filter back to where they belong while holding up the hose in the air. I felt quite stupid. I then remixed 1 liter of fix and the level of the chemistry was almost as high again as the level in tank 1. Since I wasn't sure of the status of the chemistry I decided to run the machine first and keep an eye on the temperature etc. All went well, the prints were clean and fine, the slightly lower cemistry level did not seem to be a problem. Tomorow I will go back and I will add some more to level it up completely to the developer's level.
But, another problem arose. After making a first set of teststrips no smaller than 4 by 25 cm, the strips started getting stuck in the dryer. I removed them, made a larger print, 25 by 30 which came out fine, but the second large print also got stuck in the dryer. Everytime this happened I used a red screwdriver that I put in the blue cabinet to unscrew the dryer, the metalic part, and then I had to remove the prints by pulling them out.
After 0n big print got stuck I decided to not use the dryer anymore and I removed the first roller following tank 4 and left the machine open and took out the prints manually and dried them. I have no idea why this started happening, all was fine at first and I entered the strips straight into the machine each time. Whatever happened, it's a mystery to me but I am afraid we may have to take the dryer apart some time....

No comments:

Post a Comment