google calendar

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm printing !!!

just some good news and a little update, I'm in the doka right now, and Dieter is purring like a kitten . . . .rrrrrrrrrr

I had some problems at first remembering everything (of course) and checking and double checking our instructions (which I will update and post again in our Google Docs and here on the blog and hang in the space itself).

Half of the "new" or "fresh" chemistry was really old nasty sludge. For almost every type of Fuji Hunt product there were two bottles, and they were completely different from each other. So for instance, one BLIX "A" was clear and greenish, and another BLIX "A" was dark purple with a thick bottom and thinner top. This I judged to be old, old old.

The fresh chemistry should be the same consistency all through, i.e. not have a heavy sludge residue at the bottom. So i threw out all the ones that seemed old and I called Wim at Fotolab to verify the colors of the ones I mixed anew.

The chemistry I thought was new is now working just fine, but we need to keep track of course for re-ordering. I started marking the sides of the bottle with an edding marker, so we can see what "1 batch" looks like, how many times we can mix fresh chemistry to a bottle, etc.

Another thing is every print was taking soooo long to come out of the machine (12 minutes), but it somehow got set on the wrong speed for the developing time (i.e. not for paper, but for Duratrans). So in the future, check that under the plastic cover, next to the orange on/off switch, Dieter's always got to be on SPEED 1 (but I'll write that up in the new instructions).

In more fix-it news:

Florian is with me here and fixed the compressor (we need to add oil, we'll do it next time).

He also hung the daylight viewing light (not in the most glamourous fashion, but it does the job for now). We'll have to work on titling it at the right angle anyway next time.

I talked with Urban Resort and found out who is responsible for getting us an internet connection. It is Onno Vonk, our nice neighbor in the corner just across the hall to the left if your in the doka looking at the hallway. 06 49832656. He's on it, i think. In the meantime, we can use a wireless network and the name and password are hanging in the doka.

i'll add all this to Eva's e-mail task list as well.

BUT we should really put this kind of stuff on the blog, especially for the new people.

Danielle, will you also add a post with all the really important chemical info. you sent last week by e-mail?

that's all for now.

Eva's gonna let us all know what to bring for the borrel in the next days by e-mail.

see you then and there!!

oh, yeah, I broke the light fixture in the closet while standing on the ladder and all the glass fell on my head (ouch!). The light still works, but if anyone has one of the these really typical white round bathroom lights, bring it in, it's much safer than just the light bulb. I'll check if I have one at home. (I ALREADY FIXED THIS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment