google calendar

Monday, April 4, 2011

PRINTING B&W

Hello,

Since last Thursday I have been printing black & white in the darkroom. I have bought a lamp and now it is possible to print in a kind of improvisational way. In general I have some remarks about the state of the Doka. We should see ofcourse if right now we have enough means to make some minor investments, some of my points could be bettered with a really small investment.

1. There is much less space in our new doka. I would like to think about how we could arrange to have more space to view prints. Half way a days work, I can't compare my prints anymore because of a lack of space. One can of paint with iron particles covered with a layer of white paint could provide us with much more viewing areas. (Where did our magnets go?)

2. Something to think about in the long run: if we would want to make an efford in making the Doka useable as a b&w workspace as well, it might be nice to make a few foldable shelves inside the doka so that the containers with the chemicals could be placed on those shelves and all can be removed within a few minutes.

I understand at this point I am the only B&W fan around here, but maybe I could make the investment (about € 40,- including €12,- for red light installation) myself and maybe in time if someone else wants to do b&w as well, we could make it into a Doka investment? I thought it might also attract possible new members?...

No comments:

Post a Comment