It was good to attend the meeting for me.
I must say after the last couple of hundred emails about the toilet situation I lost track of what is happening over there.
For me personally I always thought that Urban had the responsibility to clean the toilets (a bit) and leave some toilet paper, this is in no way the case.
But maybe I am alone in this way of thinking.
We are fully responsable for our own toilet.
The group that was attending the meeting, it were about six people are paying every month an amount of money for toilet paper and cleaning etc.
We didn't pay anything up until this point, and so they are paying for this.
I don't know what happened (or forgot) what happened after Ilya attended the last meeting about the toilet. I can remember a note by Mariken that there was no toilet paper and the toilets were dirty...
I suggested to them that we will pay € 6 a month for the toilet, that is € 1 a person and I think that is the least we can do. They, preferbly see that we pay € 9 a month so they can put some money away for other errands like painting the hallway, cleaning windows etc. That's fine with me too but up to the collective to decide.
The calendar has been pretty full the last months and I for sure use the bathroom when I am there.
Now, there are still people who don't pay anything, to the frustration of the people who are paying, and I don't know if you noticed but there are new people who at night and in the weekends supposely party there, (the fashion unit accross our space) the people who spend a lot of time there are fed up with that and want to make a change.
So for now no keys yet, because they still don't have the perfect solution. They are open for suggestions. Maybe they will start a test with closing the doors so that you will have to pick up the key at Victor's place and he will try to have people sign up for the monthly payment of the toilet.
They (paying people) are looking for a way to make the toilet situations better.
There was also talking of us cleaning the toilets in a rotating schedule, but I think in our situation, I'd rather pay a euro a person and not have to think about it.
Please respond on this so I can brief them back what we are going to do.
google calendar
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hello,
ReplyDeleteFot me it is ok if we pay 1 euro per month for the cleaning and well if they want the 9 euro instead of the 6, i think i can live with this small difference.
regards,
Jeroen.
I totally agree with jeroen and you too. A GO sign on my part.
ReplyDeleteI agree with paying 6 or 9. Thanks a lot Daniƫlle for attending the meeting! Is Stephanie going to be part of the Collective?
ReplyDeletei agree, 6 or 9, no problem!
ReplyDeleteplus a couple of years of back payment to be made. . . .