google calendar

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Klaas, one more time ( but positive )

Hello again,


I was at the Rietveld today to do something there and I thought perhaps the assistant of the photography department knows somebody who still can repair Klaas.
And he does not, but there is better news and that is that they have De vere 507 colorhead we can use, its is including a transformer and a exposure clock, or whatever they are called in English. I will take this to our doka this coming monday.
This colourhead is a normal one so without the closed loop electronic control panel, actually it is like Dick. The only problem is that I never changed a colourhead, so if somebody can help me with it, that is very welcome. The only but, with the last is that I will be away for something like two weeks after the 29th of June, but I can wait till somewhere in the middle of July, but if somebody has time before that i hopefully can find time as well in the coming 1 and a 1/2 week.
Personally I think changing the colourhead is a better solution then trying to let it be repaired, see my sad news messagage about Klaas for arguments against repairing.
I do realise this could be very sad news for Ilya, because the closed loop one was in a way a bit
" his " enlarger, but as said repairing is not the most realistic option......

Regards,

Jeroen.

1 comment:

  1. this is good news! Is the new colorhead a "gift" to us, or are they only lending it to us? It would be good to clarify. . . .or are we just testing this to make sure that fixes our problem?

    i'm a little unclear about the "closed loop" issue - is this only referring to the electronics control panel? If that's it, I don't mind at all, I'm thrilled to have two functioning enlargers again.

    What about lenses? It would be great to have matching sets for both enlargers. Did we ever solve this? There was a problem with one lens mount. . . .

    ReplyDelete