google calendar

Friday, March 20, 2009

Aap chemicals/ new stop for the machine

Hello,

I called Aap, they have new chemicals, that we can pick up. Mariken said she wanted to help with filling the machine, because she has a car I contacted her already about this.
The guy of Aap said that it is probally not because we are using a wrong type of chemicals that we have the problems. He did say that once you have problems with the chemistry you should throw the old ones away and make new ones. Because the tanks are small this should cost us something like 7 euro each time we change the chemicals. He also said that because we don't use the machine that much we should not keep to much chemistry in the replenisher containers/tanks. But as far as I know the problem starts in the tanks in the machine.
But I think we should start with making the once a month cleaning thing really work, because then we can know if we perhaps have to change the chemicals everytime we clean.
There is also some chemical product available that protects chemiclas against oxydation, but personally I am not a fan of all this chemicals if there is no real need for it.

Then there is a new plug for the machine. I actually moved the plug from tank 3 to tank 2.
So in the blix tank is one that belongs to the machine.
For the watertank there is now a new one. It is made of three parts of PVC-tube. To be extra sure I put tape around it, perhaps a bit paranoid and it's tape and it is in water.. so... we will see if we have to put new one around it once in a while.
The new plug in the watertank can only be put in or taken out by hand so before you place the rollers or after you removed the rollers.

And I know that I am now not the right person to say this, but please be carefull with the plug and the filters that are still there.
The cost of the new plug is only 40 eurocents, but althought the chemical filters look like plugs from the outside, I would not be surprised if they are a bit more complicated from the inside and more difficult to replace.

Regards,

Jeroen.

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone,

    I will pick up the chemistry from AAP tomorrow (Wednesday) and bring it to the doka.

    Eva will mix it in the next day or two after that and update the blog after running some test strips, etc.

    Hopefully, then we'll be good to go!

    bye, *Rebecca

    ReplyDelete